BFCESD Minutes | November 14, 2019
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Jon Sleik-Town of Birchwood–Present, Ken Leners-Town of Cedar Lake–Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle–Present, Town of Edgewater—No Commissioner, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake–Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson–Present, John Depoister-Village of Birchwood–Present
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, November 14, 2019 at the BFCESD Office at 6:30 p.m. The BFCESD Office is located at 101 W Loomis, Suite B, Birchwood, WI
BFCESD November 14, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call-See Above
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve the Oct 3, 2019 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by John Depoister, carried
- Public Input—Romaine Quinn Town of Birchwood has appointed Jon Sleik as BFCESD Commissioner for their Township. Linda Zillmer thanked Town of Cedar Lake for putting the Agenda and Minutes on their website. Expressed her concern regarding checks pd before each meeting and not to scan later year bills. Tony concerns about meeting minutes in public input weren’t in detail regarding letter sent to Ken Leners.
- Fire Department Report, See Attached Report
- Ambulance Service Report, See Attached Report
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Approve donations of $100.00 to the BFCESD Building Fund that were received since the last meeting, 2nd by Mick Givens, carried
- Address paging issues for Fire and Ambulance with Firefighter and EMT input on matter. Sheriff Stuart was present and was very concerned with the issues that the BFCESD has been having with paging and said that they are working with GenCom to rectify the problems. He mentioned that doing a designated channel on the repeater if nothing works putting the repeater back in Birchwood. Stan and Tom both expressed how bad the pages were and that the repeater should be brought back to Birchwood
- Discussion was made regarding the President’s position. Jon wanted to make it clear that the reason he accepted Town of Birchwood’s offer to be commissioner was to finish raising the funds for the new fire hall. John Depoister expressed he would not accept the President’s position because of health issues. Ken Leners would like to see the consideration of implementing rotation of positions every 12 months. Mick Givens moved for unanimous consent to name Jon Sleik President. Ken Leners requested a roll call vote.
Tim Stearns nominated Jon Sleik for the President’s position, 2nd by Cindy Fairchild. No other nominations. Mick Givens made a motion to close the nominations, 2nd by Tim Stearns.
Mick Givens-yah, Tim Stearns-yea, Cindy Fairchild-yea, John Depoister –yea, Ken Leners-nay, Jon Sleik-yea. 5-yah 1-nay. President’s position is filled by Jon Sleik.
- There was no building committee meeting Tim Stearns made a motion to table item #10 until Dec 2019 meeting, 2nd by Ken Leners, carried.
- John Depoister explained that they weren’t going to consider County Concrete and had contacted Polar Engraving and gave everyone the info he received. Ken Leners was wondering about doing direct mailing on the Brick orders. Mick Givens mentioned doing the small tax insert and then a direct mailing as a final.
Tim Stearns made a motion to have a special meeting on Nov 21st at 6pm at the BFCESD office to approve 2019 Tax insert, 2nd by John Depoister, Tim Stearns, Jon Sleik, John Depoister, Ken Leners, Cindy Fairchild—5 yea, Mick Givens-1 nah
- #12 was left as it was beings Jon Sleik is still on the board.
- Item #13 to pay regular monthly bills prior to BFCESD Board meeting to avoid possible late penalties was tabled until Dec meeting to have time to contact Vendor to see if due dates can be changed.
- Item #14 was tabled until Dec Meeting, will contact accountant to see how many years of bills etc. need to be retained
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by John Depoister, carried. Tim Stearns made a motion to approve bills as presented and in Dec to pay the Dec/Jan Rent for the BFCESD Offices, 2nd by John Depoister, carried.
- Review Correspondence–None
- Commissioners Input
Jon Sleik—Town of Birchwood we need to drum up ideas to get funds. Showing the brick will sell the bricks for the new building. Appreciates everyone’s efforts in selling the bricks.
Ken Leners–Town of Cedar Lake Will get Ken G the info on the Service awards program. Would like to see the bylaws cover the Service Award Program.
Tim Stearns—Town of Doyle Nothing
Town of Edgewater’s commissioner—absent
Mick Givens–Town of Long Lake Glad to see the way things are working out. Glad to see Ken Leners and Jon Sleik on the board
Cindy Fairchild—Town of Wilson Nothing
John Depoister—Village of Birchwood Agrees on keeping the building process going forward.
- John Depoister made a motion to Adjourn @ 8:05pm, 2nd by Mick Givens, carried.
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call 715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.