BFCESD Minutes | October 3rd, 2019
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Romaine Quinn-Town of Birchwood–Present, Jon Sleik-Town of Cedar Lake–Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle–Present, Dean Buresh-Town of Edgewater–Present, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake–Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson–Present, John Depoister-Village of Birchwood–Present
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, October 3, 2019 at the BFCESD Office at 6:30 p.m. The BFCESD Office is located at 101 W Loomis, Suite B, Birchwood, WI
BFCESD Meeting Minutes for Oct 3, 2019
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call—See Above
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve the Sept 12, 2019 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Romaine Quinn, carried.
- Public Input—Linda Zillmer Thanked Jon Sleik, Ken George and Don Bergstrom for going to the Edgewater meeting and answering their questions and concerns. Ken Leners had questions regarding a letter he had received. Would like to have the minutes sent to Chelsey or Tony to be put on their website.
- Fire Department Report, See Attached reports
- Ambulance Service Report, See Attached reports
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Approve donations of $2000.00 to the Building Fund from the Mikana Parade Committee that were received since the last meeting, 2nd by John Depoister, carried.
- Report on fund balance, identification of assigned funds versus unassigned funds. Jon Sleik read the fund balance policy that was developed in 2015 and approved by the members of the BFCESD Board. The Unassigned operating funds for the Fire and Amb should not be over 33% of the Budget at the end of each year. The Ambulance operating fund is within that percentage. The Fire operating fund as the end of 2018 was over by $135,000. In December the BFCESD board will make the appropriate adjustments to follow the fund balance policy
- Romaine Quinn made a motion to move Fire unassigned operating funds of $135,000 to the Fire Capital Account, 2nd by Tim Stearns, Carried.
- In Preparation of bid package for new building, Jon checked and we do need to get bids on the project. The building Committee will assign a Construction Manager that will publish the notice of Bids. Will then meet with Bidders after bids have been submitted along with the Building Committee to approve bids as separate or whole, lowest and most qualified bids. The building committee will and Don B, Ken G, Mick G, John D and Romaine Q to come to the Board with recommendations on the bid that will also be looked at by Mr. Koehler.
- Building Committee will get the cost of the bricks, availability of different sizes and who many would be used on the wall. Suggestion that a min of $1000.00 donation per brick and larger bricks for large donations. This info would be put on to the 2019 Tax inserts along with the info on the matching grants by the Nov 2019 meeting.
- Committee to develop by-laws for BFCESD report will be meeting in Dec at the BFCESD Office to start working on the by-laws.
- Tim Steers made a motion to approve the Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by John Depoister , carried
- Romaine Quinn made a motion to approve bills as presented, 2nd by Tim Stearns, carried.
- No correspondence to Review
- Commissioners Input
- Dean Buresh—Town of Edgewater was behind the building 100% but hasn’t signed the resolution/promissory note
- John Depoister—Agreed with Romaine
- Cindy Fairchild—Agreed with Romaine
- Jon Sleik—working on getting more matching grant money
- Tim Stearns—Agreed with Romaine Quinn
- Mick Givens—nothing
- Romaine Quinn— let’s keep the Building project going we don’t want to lose out on what we’ve work hard for so far.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Adjourn @ 7:40 p.m. 2nd by Dean Buresh Carried
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call 715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.