Minutes, BFCESD mtg May 10, 2018
June 13, 2018/
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
COMMISSIONERSRomaine Quinn-Town of Birchwood-Present, Jon Sleik-Town of Cedar Lake-Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle-Present, Dean Buresh -Town of Edgewater-Absent, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake- Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-Present, Virginia Hurckman-Village of Birchwood-Present
PUBLIC NOTICEBirchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday May 10, 2018 at the Birchwood Village Hall at 6:30 p.m. The Town Hall is located 101 N main St, Birchwood, WI.
BFCESD Minutes for May 10, 2018 Meeting
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Mick Givens made a motion to approve the Minutes from the April 12, 2018 meeting, 2nd by Romaine Quinn, Virginia Hurckman-abstained. Carried
- Public Input—Linda Zillmer was impressed with the Town of Cedar Lakes Annual Meeting. Questioned on how the Allocation between Fire and Ambulance will be figures on the new building.
- Fire Department Report- See attached reports.
- Ambulance Service Report- See attached reports.
- Discussion of new building presentation at annual meetings—Mick Givens would like to address the fund formula for Ambulance/Fire portions for the used and expenses of the new building.
- Romaine Quinn made a motion to Approve donations that were received for the Ambulance $1500.00 from Birchwood Community Fund and Fire Depart $2000.00 from Birchwood Community Fund towards New building Fund, $200.00 from Nancy Seffinga and $25.00 in memory of Karen Lee. 2nd by Virginia Hurckman, carried.
- Building/Equipment Committee report- Permit application from NW Builder for curb/gutter and access was approved by the Village. Dan Peterson will be removing the stumps on the new property. There will be a work night planned to clean-up the property. The trailer will be put on the market again by Bumper. Jon is working on Private grants, Ken is checking into FEMA grants. Contact will be made to Tammy Baldwin and Duffy on grants available.
- Mick Givens made a motion to approve the Bookkeepers Report, 2nd by Romaine Quinn, carried. Virginia made a motion to approve bills as presented, 2nd by Romaine Quinn, carried
- Review Correspondence—2018 notice of change of assessment form Village of Birchwood assessor.
- Commissioners Input
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Adjourn at 7:20 pm, 2nd by Mick Givens , carried.