Minutes, BFCESD mtg Nov 8, 2018
December 12, 2018/
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
COMMISSIONERSRomaine Quinn-Town of Birchwood–Present, Jon Sleik-Town of Cedar Lake–Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle–Absent, Dean Buresh -Town of Edgewater–Present, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake–Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson–Present, John Depoister-Village of Birchwood–Present
PUBLIC NOTICEBirchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, November 8, 2018 at the Birchwood Village Hall at 6:30 p.m. The Town Hall is located 101 N main St, Birchwood, WI.
AGENDA of Discussion/Action Items
- Hook up remote phone connection
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Romaine Quinn made a motion to approve the Oct 11, 2018 BFCESD Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Dean Buresh . Carried
- Public Input—Ken Leners–would like to see some research on the cost sharing of the assessment for the Fire and Ambulance.
- Fire Department Report—See Attached Report
- Ambulance Service Report —See Attached Report
- Jon mentioned that due to Dean traveling and no one from Edgewater Township wanting to take his place, the use of remote phone connection for commissioners that are unable to find a replacement for them to attend the meeting. A trial run of the use of the speaker phone was used. Romaine Quinn made a motion to use speaker phone for the meeting if a commissioner was unable to find to find a replacement for the monthly meeting, 2nd by John Depoister. 4—Yes, 1—No Vote. Romaine Quinn—Yes, Jon Sleik—Yes, Cindy Fairchild-Yes, Mick Givens—No, Tim Stearns—Absent and Dean Buresh abstained.
- No Donations have been received since the Oct 11, 2018 meeting.
- Mick Givens made a motion to Approve engaging Clifton Larson Allen for the 2018 audit, 2nd by John Depoister, Carried
- Discussion for developing a form(s) of recognition for large donations to the new building, assign a group to make recommendation. Jon Sleik mad a motion to authorize John Depoister, Dean Buresh and Ken George to explore different ideas of recognizing donations towards the new Fire/Ambulance building, 2nd by Romaine Quinn, Carried
- Building/Equipment Committee report–nothing
- Romaine Quinn made a motion to approve the Bookkeepers Report and Approve Bills as presented, 2nd by John Depoister, Carried
- Correspondence–Copy of Property Insurance policy and Food Pantry donation request.
- Commissioners Input
- Romaine Quinn made a motion at 7:45 pm to Adjourn, 2nd by Mick Givens, Carried