Minutes Nov 9, 2017 BFCESD meeting
December 10, 2017/
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
COMMISSIONERSRomaine Quinn-Town of Birchwood-Present, Jon Sleik-Town of Cedar Lake-Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle-Present, Dean Buresh-Town of Edgewater-Absent, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake-Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-Present , Virginia Hurckman-Village of Birchwood-Present
PUBLIC NOTICEBirchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday November 9, 2017 at the Birchwood Village Hall at 6:30 p.m. The Town Hall is located 101 N main St, Birchwood, WI.
MINUTES FOR bfcesd mEETING
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call—See above
- Previous Meeting Minutes, Romaine Quinn made a motion to approve the Oct 12, 2017 minute, 2nd by Virginia Hurckman, Tim Stearns—Abstained, Carried
- Public Input–None
- Fire Department Report, See attached.
- Ambulance Service Report, See Attached. Proposed Run rates to raise- Resident/Non-resident rates to stay the same. Virginia Hurckman mad a motion to start the new rate Jan 1, 2018 as listed in Ambulance report, 2nd by Romaine Quinn, Edgewater Absent, Doyle and Long Lake don’t vote.
- Donation presentation by Jake Greenberg, from Compeer Financial presented a grant check for $3000.00 to the BFCESD Ambulance Department which will be used for new equipment.
- Approve donations that were received from Spider Lake for $800.00 for New Fire Truck and $300.00 from house fire that wasn’t designated Fire Dept wants in general fund for new equipment, including PC from Tim Stearns. Tim Stearns made a motion to approve all donation, 2nd by Virginia Hurckman, Carried
- Discussed donation request insert for tax statements. Will be waiting to do insert in Oct of 2018.
- Building/Equipment Committee report including action on committee recommendations. See attached. Motion was made by Mick Givens to move forward with Northwest to do the Preliminary Plans with max cost of $35,741 with payment of $5,000 down to start, 2nd by Tim Stearns, Carried. Virginia Hurckman made a motion to approve the cost of removal of the 3 trees and cleanup of $1035, 2nd by Tim Stearns, Carried.
- Update on next steps for Trailer. Bumper will be listing the trailer on Craigs list, putting a for sale sign on trailer.
- Bookkeepers Report, See attached discussion CD renewal Jon & Cindy will check on options for the best rates on accounts. Also Jon & Cindy will set up an appointment with the Auditor (Dan Thole) or Stephanie on what they need for this years audit. Motion was made by Tim Stearns to approve the bills, 2nd by Romaine Quinn, carried
- Review Correspondence, Christmas Love Lights Tree $1.00 ea.
- Commissioners Input Romaine Quinn-Glad we’re moving on with the new building Virginia Hurckman—Explained about the copper in the water in Village. Cindy Fairchild-None Mick Givens-None Tim Stearns–None Jon Sleik—Commended the Building Committee for the progress.
- Motion was made by Virginia Hurckman to Adjourn, 2nd by Tim Stearns, Carried. Meeting Adjourned at 7:50pm