Minutes – BFCESD meeting March 8, 2018
April 9, 2018/
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
COMMISSIONERSRomaine Quinn-Town of Birchwood-Present, Jon Sleik-Town of Cedar Lake-Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle-Present, Dean Buresh -Town of Edgewater-Absent, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake-Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-Present, Virginia Hurckman-Village of Birchwood-Present
PUBLIC NOTICEBirchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday March 8, 2018 at the Birchwood Village Hall at 6:30 p.m. The Town Hall is located 101 N main St, Birchwood, WI.
bfcesd MINUTES FOR March 8, 2018 mEETING
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Due to Ken George having to leave Jon made a motion to change the order of the agenda for the Fire Department Report, 2nd by Virginia Hurckman, Carried
- Fire Department Report, See Attached reports. Fire banquet will be held at Rustic Corner Café on 4/7/2018
- Roll Call
- Romaine Quinn made a motion to approve the Feb 8th BFCESD Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Mick Givens, Carried, Virginia Hurckman and Tim Stearns abstained.
- Public Input—Richard asked about where meeting agendas were being published/posted. Jon mentioned that the Agenda was sent to each board member to post as needed. He also commented that the new Fire truck was received in Nov and hasn’t seen any pictures of it. Jon will see what he can do about getting the Chornotype to do a feature story on the new fire truck.
- Ambulance Service Report, See Attached Reports.
- Virginia Hurckman made a motion to Approve donations that were received $25.00 from Long Lake woman’s and 85.00 from Bill Haas memorial and the $1000.00 check from Synergy for the radios, 2nd by Tim Stearns, Carried
- Building/Equipment Committee report, Virginia Hurckman mentioned that John Depoister was appointed to represent the Village of Birchwood due to her schedule. Jon Sleik and Ken George will be going to the Township of Edgewater’s meeting to present the board the building plans for the new building. Ryan VanLanduyt has offered to put together a DVD with the floor plan of the Fire/Ambulance for presentation at each Town/Village annual meeting at no cost to the District.
- Discuss Commissioners responsibilities and options: Each entity is to assign each commissioner to do board/committee responsibilities
- Virginia Hurckman made a motion to accept the Bookkeepers Report, 2nd by Tim Stearns. Carried Virginia Hurckman made a motion to approve bills as presented, 2nd by Tim Stearns, Carried
- Review Correspondence–None
- Commissioners Input
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Adjourn at 7:40 pm, 2nd by Romaine Quinn, Carried